2014年2月25日星期二

When Web Hosting goes Terribly Wrong!

I went to log in to my web hosting account the other day and kept getting told that my user name and password were no good.

Well, we've all been there, I mean these days my password file is a whole lot bigger than my little black book was when I was single. Hey, it's the truth we are all totally caught up in this super fast paced digital age. Don't even try and tell me that you've never woke up at 3am to go to the bathroom and snuck over to check your emails before you got back in bed.

So, anyway after 5 or 6 log in attempts I copied and pasted it right from my password file and I got back an error message that read: A problem exists between the keyboard and the chair, please remove problem.

And while I don't mind having a web hosting company with a sense of humor I was not in the mood after half a dozen failed attempts. This mind you was not the first challenge I had with this particular web host, actually it was turning into a naughty child list longer than even Santa's.

On one such occasion I had called in because my site was down for the 2nd time in one month only to be put on hold with a recording about how they were number one in the industry for up time (no Joke!).

Hey, I agree we are all human, everybody makes mistakes. My wife still won't ever let me forget when she asked me to pick up mini pads on the way home from work and of course I showed up with a wrist rest for her mouse. But this hosting company had really crossed the line one time to many times.

I am sure you would agree that migrating 3 websites from one host to another is not something you would just do on a whim. Because before you even begin, you just know this is going to be painful.

So, I wake up on a Saturday thinking I should have all this done by noon, and by which time it will be 5 o'clock somewhere and cold beverages will definitely be the next order of business. Oh man was I ever wrong about that one. Sure it was 5 o'clock somewhere but ice cold frosty's were still many hours away.

1st of all when I called customer service I was told that I was not the administrator on my account. That should have been a clue this was going to be a long day. Because get this, if you're not the administrator they can't tell you who is, and so the merry go round ensued.

Finally he got his supervisor on the phone and it was easy to tell this was one of those guys that spend over 75% of their time on a plane with their laptop on their lap and their child in the overhead compartment. But He was able to figure out that I truly was the admin guy for my accounts, so I will give him that.

Then the dim bulbs put my cancellation through before I had my sites moved, even though I had not yet officially asked for them to be canceled the guy started the process anyway.

This meant according to them now I was attempting to migrate sites that didn't exist. Yes, of course you guessed it, once again I was no longer the administrator because now there was nothing to stinking administrate!

Once we got that settled then the constant credit card charges for three more months AFTER the account really was closed. AND after they had not allowed me to be the administrator for my own accounts again which they closed too early were just icing on the cake.

The moral of the story is; new little start up hosting companies that seem to promise you the world for a buck a month cheaper than anyone else have to cut corners somewhere.

Take it from me this experience is running up a spending tab like my last marriage. How much is that you might ask? The truth is; I don't know I'm still paying for it!
Links:
Samsung Galaxy Recovery offers people effective and efficient way to get data back.With Samsung Galaxy Recovery, all your deleted photos, pictures, files can be recovered with ease.

How to Download and Fix 3drdebuglib.dll Not Found or Missing Error,How to Download and Fix aticfx32.dll Not Found or Missing Error,How to Download and Fix basswma.dll Not Found or Missing Error,How to Download and Fix cyhttpadp320u.dll Not Found or Missing Error,How to Download and Fix divxmedialib.dll Not Found or Missing Error

How to Fix libvorbis.dll Missing Error,How to Fix ltfil13n.dll Missing Error,How to Fix mcrtl32.dll Missing Error,How to Fix mmgit.dll Missing Error,How to Fix msgres32.dll Missing Error

Whether you are well experienced with technology or not, it is possible to utilize WMV to MP4 Converter to your advantages. It is a universal free software for WMV conversion. MP4 to WMV Converter'll fit you perfectly if you want to convert your video to WMV format or convert WMV video to another format. 250+ video formats supported. Extremely easy-to-use. Over 100 million installations of Freemake Video Converter worldwide! This program will tell your convert wmv to mov

Strategies You Can Use To Maximize Your Website Traffic
Why You Should Make a Switch to VPS Hosting
Get Free Flash Templates for your website
How Often Are Doctors Switching From One EHR System To Another?

没有评论:

发表评论